Rated: Suitable for all
A surreal building game for VR. Create life-sized contraptions as tall as you can reach, then send them whirling, flinging, and trundling off to solve puzzles on the other side of a floating island. There are no right or wrong solutions, so bring your creativity.
Fantastic Contraption is surreal building game for virtual reality. Create life-sized machines as tall as you can reach, then send them whirling, flinging, and trundling off to solve puzzles on the other side of a floating island. Your task is simple: get the squishy purple ball to that goal off in the distance, or above you, or on the other side of that gap. And your tools are elegantly minimalist: spinning wheels and stretchable rods. But the solutions are endless, and there are no right or wrong ones.
We’ve designed this game from the ground up for room-scale VR. Come immerse yourself in a strange skybound archipelago and befriend Neko the photosynthesizing cat. Build contraptions with your own two hands, life sized and as big as horses, right there in front of you. Play with the physics, juggle pieces, throw darts, and feel another world all around you.
- Challenging puzzles. 50 official levels that range from cakewalk to what-the-hell-this-is-impossible-right-tell-me-this-is-impossible. But guess what, it IS possible. I think.
- Infinite solutions. Working cars, tanks, catapults, conveyor belts, walking creatures or minimalist structures that use only gravity. Design for elegant simplicity, or build a rattling pile of junk that just barely makes it to the goal. Whatever.
- Building with your own hands. Movement so simple and natural you’ll forget you’re holding controllers. Need a wheel? Just pick it up. Want a longer rod? Just grab an end and stretch. It’s like playing with children’s blocks, except they’re bigger than you are.
- Full 3d audio and music. Actually, this game has no music. What it does have is musical instruments. Except you have to build them. Well… you’ll figure it out.
- Surreal and beautiful landscape. Hey guy, chill here awhile, why don’t you just lie down in the grass and just listen to the sky whales singing? You’ll totally forget the dystopian present and the 300 sqft windowless cube you now live in. Who needs sunlight? VR.
- Neko the toolbox. Yes, your toolbox is alive, and he’s kind of a green cat blimp thing powered by pink farts. He doesn’t seem to mind when you pull off one of his tails or yank a pin out of his head. They grow back pretty fast, so I guess it’s okay…
- Online sharing. Venture bravely into the dark world-within-a-world to load contraptions made by your friends and also some random people. Marvel at the crazy crap they came up with. Then narrow your eyes and say: I can beat this. I can do better.
- Level Editor. Make your own puzzles to share with your friends and the community.